TRAIN / BIKE INFORMATION
From mid-June to mid-September, you can travel with you bikes on-board the regional InterLoire trains (TER) between Orléans and Le Croisic. Simple present your train ticket to board your bike free of charge in a specially-adapted carriage.
Outside of this period, most TER trains offer this service, but please check when buying your ticket if the train has a carriage for bike and if there is an additional cost.
For high-speed TGV trains, we recommend that you check directly with SNCF regarding the transport of bikes.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR STAY AND PLAN YOUR TRIP?
When preparing your bike trip (itineraries, restaurants, accommodation ...), we advise that you visit the following websites:
Where to find maps of La Loire à Vélo?
You will find all the maps and routes by clicking here: http://www.cycling-loire.com/cycling-loire-map
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING IN YOUR BAG?
- Waterproof clothing
- A helmet to protect you in the event of a fall, and if not a helmet a cap or hat to protect you from the sun.
- Comfortable footwear, such as trainers/sneakers, comfortable shoes (flip flops are strongly discouraged).
- Sunscreens, lotions or sprays for UV protection against the sun.
- Snacks (cereal bars, fruits, ...)
- First Aid or medical kit (dressings, saline...)
- For longer trips, shorts are recommended
- Adapt your trip according to your ability and effort.
- Always check the daily weather and temperature when planning a route. Riding in the morning is preferable.
- Plan a route suitable for children (about 20-30km per day, depending on age).
- Remember to drink regularly, and take regular breaks to rest.